Wednesday, October 20, 2010

VOIP problem - Local ping rate is high

Problem: I am getting a problem since long time. My LAN works under 192.168.3.X and VOIP works under 192.168.2.X. In the night time, we use VOIP to make call to clients. Only in the night after 9 O' clock, I will get ping rate from local system to local router which is in 2.X series will be high. It goes up to 900 ms. Sometimes Request Timed Out also occurs. The whole day it used to be fine (i.e. 1 ms only). But night it gives a lots of trouble.

I tried to find out the traffic congestion system. But I could not be. My both VOIP & Data goes through same switch only.

How can I solve this VOIP problem? Thanks in advance!

Solution: According to me it has to be a network congestion from the client side because as you say the traffic at your end remains the same during day and night. See ping is the round trip time taken so the latency can be at other end as well. You can ask your client to put a packet sniffer to monitor if there is an increase in traffic at their end or not.

1 comment:

  1. Greetings! Very helpful advice in this particular post! It's the little changes that produce the most important changes. Many thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Kindly post your views about VoIP phone technology here: